Tele-seminar: What Every Equine Business Person Needs to Know About the Law
Monday December 14th, Equestrian Professional.com held a FREE Equine Law Tele-Seminar/Live Webinar for horse professionals.
Our guest speaker was renowned equine law attorney and author, Julie I. Fershtman, who discussed important legal issues that horse professionals should be aware of.
If you are a horse professional - this is the seminar you can't afford to miss! We've hosted some great tele-seminars over the last few months, but this one is a "must" for all horse trainers, stable operators, breeders, instructors and professional riders.
If you've ever wondered –
- What course of action you should take when a client won't pay their bill?
- How do you handle horses that have been abandoned by their owners? Can you sell them? Give them away?
- How to protect your self when there is a dispute over a horse sale? Or what if a sales horse is injured while on trial?
- If you are an LLC, under what circumstances could you still be held personally liable if there is an accident?
- If every one of your clients signs a liability release or you operate in a state that has Equine Activity Liability Laws, under what circumstances can you still be sued?
- If someone who works for you behaves in a negligent way are you liable?
- Which horse business contracts are the most important and what do they need to “say” to protect you
- What to do if someone is bad mouthing you and it is hurting your horse business?
SIGN UP FOR THIS SEMINAR TODAY!
Julie I. Fershtman is one of the most experienced and accomplished Equine Law practitioners in the nation. Crossing virtually all equine breeds and disciplines, her law practice serves a clientele of stables, industry professionals, associations, businesses, show management, insurance companies, trainers, equestrian athletes including Olympic short-list riders, "celebrity clinicians," and individual horse owners from across the United States. She is highly experienced in handling a wide variety of disputes frequently encountered in the horse industry, including personal injury, business conflicts, partnership disputes, sales disputes, and many others....
This seminar is free to all horse professionals. A copy of the replay will be made available to everyone who registers and/or attends but spots are limited and you must register below!
DATE: Monday December 14, 2009
TIME: 10:00 am Pacific, 11:00 am Mountain, 12:00 pm Central, 1:00 pm Eastern
PLACE: Your computer or telephone
All attendees were encouraged to submit questions prior to the event and Ms. Fershtman covered as many of them as possible.
The seminar was followed by a "Special Members Only Live Q&A" session with Ms. Fershman for members of Equestrian Professional.com. If you would like to learn more about becoming a member, click here.
If you are a horse professional in the USA you cannot afford to miss this seminar.* Please SIGN UP BELOW TO REGISTER for the seminar.
*If you are a professional outside the USA – we still want to encourage you to register for the seminar(even though the live event is over) so that you can get the replay. Ms. Fershman is an excellent speaker and she shared lots of practical knowledge that you are certain to benefit from.